CAYMAN ISLANDS NETBALL ASSOCIATION
OPEN LEAGUE RULES
- All players must pay their registration fees before they play any games. Fees are as follows: Early Registration (November 24th, 2016)-$35; Late Registration (as of November 27th, 2016)-$40.00
- Teams/Clubs should pay $200.00 to register for the league for affiliation fee. Cheques made payable to: ‘Cayman Islands Netball Association’
- Any addition to team lists MUST be registered with CINA and their late registration fee paid at least 24 hours prior to the game date.
- All teams MUST provide an umpire in order to enter the League. Teams MUST ask the suggested umpire from the pool to be their designated Umpire for the Season. Teams must pay the registration fee ($35) for the Umpire to register them to their team.
- All teams must wear the kit they submit for registration. Any exceptions must be approved by CINA.
- Teams may ONLY use players whose names appear on their registration list which is held by CINA. Any player who has represented the National Team within the past 2 years may only be registered for the A team and may only play in the higher division.
- Once a player has been named and has played on a team she cannot be transferred to another team during the course of the current playing season.
- Games will be played according to INF rules
- All teams must make an effort to be present for each game, at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Scheduled games will be played on Saturdays and Thursdays and start at 6.45pm & 8.00pm at the Truman Bodden Netball Courts. There will be NO grace period.
- Every Saturday and Thursday scheduled games will be played at the same time.
- Each team MUST declare up to 12 players prior to the start of each game by completing the CINA match card that is provided.
- Substitutions are unlimited amongst these 12 players but must be in accordance with INF rules.
- If a team fails to arrive on time, then the non-offending team will receive 1 goal for every minute up to the end of the first quarter when the game will be forfeited and the non-offending team awarded the game. B. No team may start a match with fewer than 5 players. Late arrivals may enter the game, after notifying the umpires, after a goal has been scored and may only take up the position(s) left vacant.
- Games will be 60 minutes (15 minutes each quarter). 3 minute intervals between quarters and 5 minutes during half-time.
- Player’s nails will be checked by the umpires before the start of the game. Any late arriving players MUST report to an umpire for nail check. No tape worn over nails will be allowed, all nails need to be cut short and filed so that they are smooth and blunt. NB: Umpires should not touch players to ascertain if nails are smooth and blunt.
- 3 team officials and 5 named and uniformed match substitutes are allowed to sit on the team benches during the game. These officials are the Team Manager, Medic and Coach. Standing beside or behind the team benches is also not allowed. Non-playing teammates, friends, children and parents should sit in the stands provided. This is a CINA adaptation of Rule 3 of the INF rules.
- Captains are required to thank each umpire and sign the match card at the end of the game.
- In the event that the court is wet, both teams are responsible for the mopping up/drying off of the court for the game to be played. A mop and broom will be provided by CINA.
- Any concerns/disputes by teams must be sent to CINA in writing within a week of the incident. No personal or widespread emails or calls to the President or other members of the executive will be allowed.
- No team may postpone or cancel games without first giving a rationale and seeking permission from the assigned member of CINA
- Rescheduled games must be played in the week immediately following the scheduled game on a Tuesday. Teams are allowed to reschedule a game only once after which the game will be forfeited. The only concessions will be in the event that umpires are unavailable or active rain.
- It is the responsibility of the team managers to confirm with the bench regarding the rescheduling of a match to ensure that there will be bench personnel & umpires present.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
- 3 points for a win
- 2 for a draw
- 1 for a loss
- During the 2016/17 season, the Open League will run as a Round Robin in the first instance, then the league will split into two groups based on finishing positions for the Cup & Plate Championship.
Home Team Responsibilities
- Team/s named first on the schedule are the “Home-Teams”
- In the event of a clash on uniform colours or bibs, the home-team will be required to change their bibs. Home team should carry an extra set of bibs.
- The home team is responsible for providing liquid refreshment for the umpires.
Regulations for Officials – Umpires & Bench
- Fair Play and professionalism are expected from the Umpires and the Bench Officials at all times.
- The Umpire is responsible for controlling the game and their decisions are final.
- Umpires are expected to be punctual, properly attired and prepared with the necessary tools.
- Before the start of the game, umpires are to designate an area for players who may be removed from the court.
- The Bench is responsible for the score cards and keeping time.
- All the official game documents MUST be submitted to the CINA via The Bench.
- Teams are also requested to nominate players from opposing teams ie most valuable attack, midcourt and defensive players at the end of all matches.
- Teams are reminded that the new INF rules came into force 1st September 2016 and will be enforced by umpires.
- Rule books for the next four year cycle is available from the Technical Director.